Friday, June 28, 2013


Yum = my lunch! I thought i needed more omega-3 fats and guess what?! there was a can of tuna in my pantry! Omega-3 fats are really good for you, and many diets suffer from the lack of them. Most of these healthy fats are found in fish, as well as fish oil and flaxseed oil. In a healthy diet most people need around 1g to 2g of Omega-3 fats. I stuffed my special healthy tuna mixture into a red bell pepper and put it on the side with a melon wedge and romaine salad.

Tuna mixture (1):
1 bell pepper
1 can tuna (4 oz)
2 tsp dijon mustard
1-2 tsp italian seasoning

Cut the top of the bell pepper off. Make sure you scoop out all of its insides (seeds, etc). Mix the tuna in a bowl with the dijon mustard. Make sure it is well mixed and add italian seasonings. Mix well and scoop the tuna mixture into the bell pepper. Set aside on a plate with your choice of sides. I chose melon and romaine lettuce. ENJOY!

xxx healthy nut xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment