Sunday, June 30, 2013



Figs + watermelon + my own recipe of granola = Fruit Parfait!
So as you all know I have tons of figs to finish and a lot of watermelon. I also made my very own granola yesterday. It is very healthy, with no added sugar and tons of protein and fiber! I want to share with you this granola recipe, but be warned: they are soft like muesli (so I guess its a bit like baked muesli)

Baked muesli/granola:
1/4 cup old fashion oats
2 teaspoon wheat bran
1 tsp flaxseeds
2 tbsp any nuts
1/8 cup apple sauce, sweet
1/2 tsp honey

Pre-heat oven to 300F. In a small baking pan, add oats, wheat bran, flaxseeds, and nuts. Move them around a little to mix them. Toast in oven for 5 minutes. While the seeds are toasting, put applesauce and honey in a small sauce pan and mix on medium heat until the oats are done baking. Turn the heat off and put oats into a mixing bowls with the applesauce mixture. Mix until well incorporated. Place back in baking pan and put them in the oven for 15 more minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes. ENJOY!

*Note: If making more of recipe, leave in the oven at least 5-10 minutes longer.  Comes out soft.
xxx healthy nut xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment