Friday, June 28, 2013


I had no idea what I wanted for breakfast this morning. So I decided to make oatmeal inspired by the one I had on vacation. It is full of fiber and protein with healthy carbs, like figs, which make your skin radiant and apples which make your eyes brighter. The nuts also contain very healthy fats (and believe or not fats are healthier for you than carbs!)
Apple-Nut oatmeal (1):
1/2 cup instant multi grain oatmeal (I used trader joes country choice multi grain hot cereal)
3/4 cup almond milk
sweeteners/cinnamon
Pour milk and oats in a pan and bring to a boil. Add cinnamon or any extract or sweetener you may like. Mix for another 2-3 minutes. Pour into a bowl.

Toppings:
1 fig
1/4 apple, diced
6 almonds
1/8 cup walnuts, broken into small pieces
3 tsp flaxseeds
Mix apples into the oatmeal. Add almonds, walnuts, and flaxseeds on top and garnish with figs or more apple. ENJOY!

xxx healthy nut xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment